The original Harrison School was completed in 1927. The school was named after Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President of the United States and grandson of the 9th President, William Henry Harrison. The original school was located on Western Avenue. An addition was added in 1950. By 1952 enrollment increased to over 1,500 students. First, second, and third grade students attended on a half-day split because of the overcrowding. A second addition was added in 1963. A new school was constructed directly south of the old school and opened in 2003. The old school was demolished and the land serves as green space in front of the new building. Today Harrison Primary Center houses students in grades preK-4.